CB RR station

ABOUT US
ST. BRIDGET PARISH
FALLS VILLAGE
WEST CORNWALL
CORNWALL BRIDGE
ELLSWORTH
WARREN
OTHER SITES OF INTEREST
SOURCES


 

To contact us email:

info@stbridgetct.org

Railroad Station in Cornwall Bridge

| St. Bridget Church | St. Bridget Church Cemetery | Former Railroad Station | Covered Bridge Abutment Remains |
| River Road South/Popple Swamp Rd.
| Brook Rd.| National Iron Bank| Furnace Brook| Site of Cornwall Bridge Iron Co. |
| State Bridge No. 560
| Cornwall Bridge | Local Resources |

CB Railroad

Location:
41° 49' 11.463"N/-73° 22' 18.2886"W

Yahoo Maps:

 

Railroad Station in Cornwall BridgeThe Housatonic Railroad was one of the first railroads to exist in the northeast. Goods flowing from the many industries of Litchfield County could then be transported to Bridgeport on Long Island Sound and then taken to New York markets via ferryboat. Construction on the Housatonic Railroad was actually begun in 1837. By February 1840, rails stretched from Bridgeport to New Milford, Connecticut. Almost two years later, in December of 1841, rails reached Canaan. Ten years later, the railroad had reached into Massachusetts and had forged links with the Western Railroad of Massachusetts, later to become the Boston & Albany Railroad.